Monday, March 26, 2012

MM (#20?)

Woooooo Hooooo!

This week, I'm switching out "Mindful Monday" for "MILAN+MADRID"! I fly out in a little over 12 hours, so I think it's safe to say that this trip is pretttty much all that's on my mind. Oh, and the fact that I forgot to bu a pocket Spanish dictionary...arghh. [Remember when I was so determined to use this semester as a time to learn about simplicity and spontaneity?? Yeah...I don't recommend you take that path when it comes to taking a 6-week trip to Europe. Sometimes planning things out is smart. Woops!]

For those of you that don't already know, I'm heading to Europe tomorrow because...
...well, I'll never really have time like this–ever again, quite frankly. (The whole grad-school-for-a-year + med school + residency + being-a-doctor + eventually starting a family and all that good stuff = not a whole lot of travel time, unfortunately...).

Here's my brief plan. [Better than nothing, right?]
Step 1.) Fly to New York, short layover.
Step 2.) Fly over the Atlantic overnight, try to learn Spanish and Italian, whilst mapping out my touring-around-Madrid-solo plan, since my friend/host will have school&work all week... [please refer back to my note on planning, above]
Step 3.) Land in Milan, wait 4hrs to fly to Madrid.
Step 4.) Arrive in Madrid, have a marvelous time for a week.
Step 5.) Head back to Milan.
new BFF
my soon-to-be BFF

I don't know what my internet (or living, or eating, or...anything) schedule is going to be like, but I'll do my best to send updates this way whenever possible.

¡Adiós Amigos!
-M

2 comments:

  1. didn't Lacy get you a Rick Steves spanish phrases book? or was it a Madrid guide?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I recommend David Copperfield:) Buon Voyage.

    ReplyDelete